Affordance Studio is a 20-person team seeking to unlock the secrets of games, in all their forms, that inspire commitment and passion.
As such, Affordance Studio is looking for a new teammate who’s proficient at developing games in Unreal.
You’ll feel at home if you…
● Have a passion for working in Unreal, creating tools and gameplay systems
● Use creativity to bring the designer’s vision to life
● Have an interest and ability to code in C++
● Have an interest and ability to rapidly learn other coding languages
● Love working on dynamic teams
● Possess self-motivation, curiosity and a passion for technology
● Have strong verbal and written communication skills in English and in French
We are offering:
● Flexible working hours and a competitive salary
● 4-day work week
● A dynamic work environment with amazing professional opportunities for you to grow
● Group insurance for healthcare and a retirement pension plan for all employees
● A workspace shared with other independent video game studios where we regularly organize fun activities
Our offices are located in the heart of the Mile-Ex neighborhood (intersection of Beaubien and Parc) near Little Italy. Affordance is part of the Indie Asylum, a group of 8 indie studios and over 100 game developers that share offices, organize game jams and hold regular game nights. You don’t have to love games to be on our team but you have to love having fun to join this tribe.
About the project
Windigo is a narrative exploration video game at the intersection of the exploratory experiences of Firewatch and the contemplative experiences of Journey. The player plays two characters, a young Innu and a young King’s Daughter, whose narratives intertwine in a “choose-your-own-adventure” pattern. From a first-person view, the player crosses the territories of 17th century Canada and discovers two completely different points of view that reflect the perspective of our two protagonists on their environment and their adventures. Their personal quests intersect as they must traverse the wild and hostile lands of Canada through the seasons, where cold winter is imminent … and where the Windigo lurks. Contact us if you want to get an exclusive sneak peek of the game.